Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide travel forum

Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide travel forum

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Spain, Costa Blanca, The Flamingo Oasis

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
delboy
Mad Destination Expert

PostSubject: Re: Spain, Costa Blanca, The Flamingo Oasis   Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:27 am

The lastest TA review from a regular visitor to the hotel said the food has gone down hill this year and the Thomson reps all go to eat in next door's Levante Club Hotel
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert

PostSubject: Re: Spain, Costa Blanca, The Flamingo Oasis   Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:15 am

well Tuesday morning and it was cloudy

so after breakfast Mrs Db and I decided to walk along the front

The morning walk

http://majorcaforum.forumsmotion.com/t10216-spain-costa-blanca-benidorm-levante-beach-walk#144166

anyway after lunch, for some reason I didnt take any pictures of the lunch, must have been those old lamb bones again lol! I did notice stuff did reappear especially the chocolate custard which appeared to be reheated and served at least 3 times

Anyway the sun had come out cheers we were all sitting harmlessly on our sunbeds for the afternoon when an attractive entertainments lady came to us and said she was running line dancing classes upstairs in the piano bar........ Mark, MARK oh he's gone lol!

So we all went upstairs to see this, i do have film of it but in the meantime

Mrs Db and Don joined in with two other ladies

Dinner time came around and chef was serving turkey I think

but Mark was like a dog with two tails having done his dosey doughs

The evening continued with the Arsenal match and a few drinks for Mark and Jan

whilst Debs, Don, Lin and I watched The Three Tops, a real good act (I don't think they were actually called that)

we all met up for a last drink but by then i was feeling kinder rough

So Wednesday next, who needs to go when you can enjoy it with us lol!

Last edited by delboy on Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NannyJen
Girl Power Member

PostSubject: Re: Spain, Costa Blanca, The Flamingo Oasis   Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:43 pm

Great blog Delboy. cheers

As you said, I didn't need to go - you brought it all back with you for us to enjoy!! Very Happy

A rep on the way for the story so far. clap

Back to top Go down
Bonny1

PostSubject: Re: Spain, Costa Blanca, The Flamingo Oasis   Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:12 pm

'Neil Diamond' looks like Delboy Trotter lol!
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert

PostSubject: Re: Spain, Costa Blanca, The Flamingo Oasis   Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:21 pm

lol! lol! lol!

your right
Back to top Go down
Bonny1

PostSubject: Re: Spain, Costa Blanca, The Flamingo Oasis   Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:26 pm

I usually am! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert

PostSubject: Re: Spain, Costa Blanca, The Flamingo Oasis   Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:28 pm

sweet Caroline, luvly jubbly
Back to top Go down
Bonny1

PostSubject: Re: Spain, Costa Blanca, The Flamingo Oasis   Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:32 pm

NO - Red Red wine -

Lovely Jubbly Cool
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert

PostSubject: Re: Spain, Costa Blanca, The Flamingo Oasis   Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:51 am

Forgot to mention that the Carpenters tribute were suppose to be on in the Piano bar on Tuesday evening and chairs were disappearing fast. However, Mark and Jan found a cluster of them and we joined them. Debs was really looking forward to them as one of her favourites. However, the girl entertainer started to sing, 'lipstick on my collar' and started asking the audience to guess who sung it and what year, (a bit like Mick's quiz). Then is was 'walking back to happiness' to which we all walk back to our rooms.

The Carpenters had put down their saws and thrown a sickie and nobody told us madd and Shirley Abicair wasn't a good substitute

So Wednesday morning was a cloudy morning to start with

The Meila Benidorm were repairing their last night festivities

anyway I had become a bit like a pregnant woman wanting things like fruit for breakfast and wardolf salads for lunch piled with loose walnuts. Gone for me was the all inclusive beers on the sunbed

and in it's place was the non all inclusive Spanish lemsips at 6.90 a box Shocked and didnt taste a quality lemon drink, a cup of your finest hot water bartender in a plastic cup Shocked

The sun was out in the afternoon but I think I went to bed

The evening entertainment was the classics (sort of 3 Divas act) they announced no filming as it would be copyright but didn't even take a photo, however a singer called KC followed and was much more likeable to me, a bit like Bonnie Tyler

So now Thursday a sunny morning cheers

I was still having the craving of a pregnant woman and craving for that third time of serving, the congelled chocolate sauce but decided to blob it on a baked apple for safety

the alternative was a pudding with bright yellow custard which looked to have come from the scene from the series of Tenko and didnt go well with my lemsip

anyway the sauce tasted what it looked like, perhaps I should have had it in its youth on Monday. However, Mrs Db was happy with what she was picking

So it was afternoon and Mark realised that none of us had been in the pool and there was still no takers affraid

I'll start in

the kiddies end said Mark

even the life guards weren't going in, it must have been in the 50's

but Mark pretended it was lovely in the water lolol

However, even the bridge wasn't going to open for his bravery but the sign said it all rolling laughing

then it was head down

before relaxing on an island nobody had managed to reach for the last six months red face

whilst I was neglecting my duties of photos at teatime, I remember the others having some nice gammon, whilst my only pick was some tinned fruit off the salad counter, may I'll change my mind on the dessert Mrs Fawlty, well sorry dear, chef's just opened the tin rolling laughing

The evening show was a complete animation of Broadway shows and to be honest one might as well have listened to a CD, why the hotels think clients like animation is beyond me but at the end, the group did an Irish dance (flatterley style) which took the biggest applause of the night

more to come for Friday
Back to top Go down
bjbyorkshire

PostSubject: Great review   Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:14 pm

Loving the Benidorm review and pics Delboy, sorry you were feeling so poorly, it's just typical when you want to be having a good time isnt it?

Keep up the great reviews, I can't make mine funny like yours, I just have to tell it like a story with pics.

regards
Bev
Back to top Go down
theboss
Girl Power Member

PostSubject: Re: Spain, Costa Blanca, The Flamingo Oasis   Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:50 pm

the group did an Irish dance (flatterley style) which took the biggest applause of the night cheers

Mind you DB . . the look of some of that food is enough to make me reach for the lemsip!
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert

PostSubject: Re: Spain, Costa Blanca, The Flamingo Oasis   Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:57 pm

rolling laughing rolling laughing rolling laughing rolling laughing

the camera doesn't lie Boss coy
Back to top Go down
theboss
Girl Power Member

PostSubject: Re: Spain, Costa Blanca, The Flamingo Oasis   Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:19 pm

I guess I'm just not an A/I kinda girl . . . but I already knew that
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad

PostSubject: Re: Spain, Costa Blanca, The Flamingo Oasis   Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:12 am

Just brilliant Del, love the way you're telling it Laughing

Mad Destination Expert

PostSubject: Re: Spain, Costa Blanca, The Flamingo Oasis   Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:50 am

well with Friday being our official last day we wanted to get on the beach and see the sea

it was a lovely morning and I managed egg on toast

So we got ready for the beach

http://majorcaforum.forumsmotion.com/t10236-spain-costa-blanca-benidorm-levente-walk-in-the-sun-2013

In the evening Debs and Lin were all raving about the roast beef being tender but I had a bit of salad, Mark and Jan were eating early and going to the square for the last evening

The show for the evening was Mama Mia they had two singers in so it wasnt a complete animation

after the first show finished there was a Lionel Richie tribute, sorry pictures are crap

Saturday we had to be out of our rooms by midday but our AI cards would continue until we leave. There was a room to shhare for changing and a locked room for cases. There was talk of sun bathing before luchtime but when we woke up it was the worse day of all, so everyone wore the going home clothes

A few last coffee's in the bar as we were all driving and that was it really

The plane was on time but a dreadful flight with ear ache on landing for me and a horrendous walk across Gatwick to finish.

All in all it was a good holiday in good company, I wasn't at my best but hey ho.

Would we go back again, well perhaps in their quieter times, it was certainly value for money but we prefer to self cater and eat out but suited me as I wasnt too good going out on this holiday

Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Spain, Costa Blanca, The Flamingo Oasis   Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:09 pm

Great pics Del, informative and witty have another rep

Girl Power Member

PostSubject: Re: Spain, Costa Blanca, The Flamingo Oasis   Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:32 pm

And another one from me. clap

Enjoyed your whole blog - just a shame you were not feeling great. Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert

PostSubject: Re: Spain, Costa Blanca, The Flamingo Oasis   Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:35 pm

oh i'll get over it Jen, I'm glad Mark was fit enough to enjoy it cheers
Back to top Go down
HappyH

PostSubject: Re: Spain, Costa Blanca, The Flamingo Oasis   Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:35 pm

Rep from me too for your very informative review. Sorry to hear you weren't 100% during it though.
HH.
Back to top Go down
Bonny1

PostSubject: Re: Spain, Costa Blanca, The Flamingo Oasis   Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:53 am

Dare I ask how you are now?
Lovely review - shame no pics of you posing on the beach for the sake of comparison Shocked
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad

PostSubject: Re: Spain, Costa Blanca, The Flamingo Oasis   Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:47 pm

I've done 3 reps for you del as I enjoyed that. I've got some pics to compliment things when I get sorted out.

Mad Destination Expert

PostSubject: Re: Spain, Costa Blanca, The Flamingo Oasis   Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:56 pm

yes those pictures you have taken up in the Gods look good Mark
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spain, Costa Blanca, The Flamingo Oasis   

Back to top Go down

Spain, Costa Blanca, The Flamingo Oasis

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide travel forum :: WORLDWIDE TRAVEL REVIEW SECTION NEW FOR 2011. EST 18/05/11 :: ENTER HERE :: SPAIN, includes Balearics (not Majorca see seperate section). :: HOTEL/ACCOM REVIEW SECTION-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum