Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Spain, Costa Blanca, Benidorm, Levante beach walk

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
delboy
Mad Destination Expert

PostSubject: Spain, Costa Blanca, Benidorm, Levante beach walk   Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:01 pm

So we start is walk at the far end of Levante Beach

[/url

[url=http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=4668&u=15431294]

a water skiing cable which runs a pulley in a triange and skiers hang on

one of the side streets going up to the back of town

continuing on the path which is nice a flat

so now I start to get one or two bar prices on the front

quite a few people doing this walk today, probably with the cloud not too much else to do if you are not AI

on the left here, is one of five sand displays, IMO didn't think this was near the quality of the other four but the Aztec scene

but continuing on

over on the right was a bit of green with a shepherd and his flock

a Pinnochio restaurant

no beds being taken up

A group of keep fits, probably trying to keep the food off their tums but it don't usually work lol

and then the sand display of all displays, it could have been the forum meet up

anyway continuing on

all sunbeds were 4 euro's each and the parasol also 4 euro's, so 12 euro's for two beds and a parasol and you have to be off them by 6pm

starting to pick some of the prices now

another sand display of a magic castle which even had two little working fountains in it

Then it was Merlin and his Dragon this was just a pile of rough sand by the end of the week, not sure whether the guy had packed up or it was vandalised but they have to move on at sometime I guess

more prices

and of course Burger king

as one starts to get near the small peninsular between the two beaches the Levente beach starts to narrow

and the last of the five displays that we saw

we then went and walked around the old town bit I do have photos but we then came out onto this peninsular

and liked the look of his cafe overlooking the harbour

then we went down some stairs to walk down the prom to the town

There was a crowd gathering which turned out to be a local choir singing

I noticed the exchange rate seemed to be good, as Thomas Cook only gave me 113, four days earlier at home, I didn't use them so up to you if you do

I saw a sightseeing bus but not sure what they charge

so passing the choir again, I wanted to recreate the picture of 43 years ago

So I worked out it was just down here

so here is the picture again

and here is now, 43 years later, well as you can see not much has changed, well i've got a little fatter and perhaps a little older, all the background buildings have gone, the sunbeds are different but there's still sand there. With more warped sense of humour I was going to do this pic later in the week with a knotted hanky and an over the top Delboy cocktail but my bug put pay to it happening

we then had a coffee and a beer in that cafe with the view and bill was 5.60 euros

and the visited the bagoda on the peninsular but I recreated the walk under better conditions on the Friday which is yet to come
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Spain, Costa Blanca, Benidorm, Levante beach walk   Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:51 pm

The bit where you say then we went down some stairs to walk down the prom to the town just along that road near the bus stop is a bar, I cannot remember its name but its one of two from the same person, it sells the cheapest beer in the world, I cannot remember the name but sure when Graham comes on he will tell us.

Mad Destination Expert

PostSubject: Re: Spain, Costa Blanca, Benidorm, Levante beach walk   Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:40 pm

yes may have a pic of it but need the name
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Spain, Costa Blanca, Benidorm, Levante beach walk   Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:43 pm

Picaddily that's it, actually there is a one not far from your hotel

PostSubject: Re: Spain, Costa Blanca, Benidorm, Levante beach walk   Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:42 pm

Great pics and another good review, hope the bug has now cleard up.

Bev
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY

PostSubject: Re: Spain, Costa Blanca, Benidorm, Levante beach walk   Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:08 pm

Some great photo's there mate, rep from me. Thumsup Especially the one of you then & now, nothing seems to have changed at all mate. pinocchio

lol! lol! lol! lol!

PostSubject: Re: Spain, Costa Blanca, Benidorm, Levante beach walk   Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:57 pm

Thanks for the photos delboy, it's appreciated. Rep added.
HH.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spain, Costa Blanca, Benidorm, Levante beach walk   

Back to top Go down

Spain, Costa Blanca, Benidorm, Levante beach walk

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: WORLDWIDE TRAVEL REVIEW SECTION NEW FOR 2011. EST 18/05/11 :: ENTER HERE :: SPAIN, includes Balearics (not Majorca see seperate section). :: SPAIN RESORT REVIEWS-
Jump to:  
Forumotion.com | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com