Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Spain, Costa Blanca, Benidorm, Levente Walk in the Sun 2013

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
delboy
Mad Destination Expert

PostSubject: Spain, Costa Blanca, Benidorm, Levente Walk in the Sun 2013   Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:41 am

Well it took us 13 minutes to walk to the corner of Levante beach from the Flamingo Oasis and 15 minutes to return so quite a walk to do every day

but today our last day we wanted comfortable beds, ones where the heads raise and of course to see the sea

on the corner a cafe that Mrs Db liked the look of

but the first job was to find that spot on the beach

along here a bit lol

oppposite this nice TUI hotel, I think it may be in the German Brochures

yes here, this is what we have missed all week staying in the AI, we are beach people really

The sun was warm but not to hot to require a parasol, so two beds cost 8 euro's, I personally think 12 euro's a day for beds and a parasol a bit steep

but Mrs Db is now settled and happy, for me after taking a close shot of the island, I was going to do that walk in the sunshine again

so off I go, Benidorm is a different place in the sunshine, perfect in April

but must be heaving in July /August time

hope you can read these, I can blow them up if anybody needed them

It was 10.42am and the beaches are near empty

more prices, not sure whether I got some of the before on the previous walk

a very nice beach but has been swamped with high risers and must get very crowded in the high season

but I suppose many get cocooned in the AI resorts which is a shame

I saw plenty of police presence on my two walks but this time on a Segway lol perhaps the new speed cop for the mobility scooters

this time of the year choose whatever bed that takes you fancy

joining me on this walk doesn't of course lose weight for you lol

a few restaurants

not a lot of comment on some of these as the pictures talk for themselves

but shows you some of the restaurants on the front

but here a fit class has started but expands beyond believe as you will see later

and what else can you say about this piece but magnificent

I guess the walk will bring back memories for some

I did try to use the google street map but it seems to collapse halfway along, as an approaching van going in the other direction seems to lock it all up

however, we have some of the current prices now

I like this pic, sort of natural lol

some of the work that goes into these sand scenes are mind blowing, this guy has two working fountains in this model

coffee and Bailey fans lol

This spot 4 days earlier had Merlin and a Dragon, hope it wasn't ruined by vandals but I guess the artists move on from time to time, it a shame things of beauty just have to disappear

but we walk on

and we reach the Burger King again lol

The beach is starting to narrow a bit now

again another superb sand sculpture

this cafe is just before the headland and a lot of local people seem to be using it

on the Monday it was misty an cloudy and although I walked to the Bagoda sort of place pictures were a waste of time

so with it being such a nice day, I had to go back

I don't know much of the history of this place but I can't remember it being here in 1970, I know a webcam picture overlooks it

a couple of people were playing, 'I had a dream' on reed pipes and were also selling them for 4 euro's lol

It was a lovely place to stand and take in the views

oh course I went to the end of it

and got the views of the bays

and the Levante side, the light not so good

so having left Mrs Db for a longtime, it was time to go back, couple of last shots

so it was back through the passage way

some last prices

a last look at the man resting with his horse

The ever expanding fitness class lol

and back to Mrs Db

Then it was meal time lol we picked Roman's

I had a burger and Mrs Db had a baggette

washed down with a litre of Sangria

This is what you miss staying in AI, waiter what do you mean our AI cards don't work here, you mean we have to pay out here lol

anyway we stay on the beach well after 5pm, a lovely last day

Last edited by delboy on Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Spain, Costa Blanca, Benidorm, Levente Walk in the Sun 2013   Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:05 pm

Great photos and the memories came back to me, the first time I went there was back in 1987 and remember standing at the end of that headland, also remember a fountain in the sea opposite it.

Have a rep really enjoyed that clap

PostSubject: Re: Spain, Costa Blanca, Benidorm, Levente Walk in the Sun 2013   Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:16 pm

How long did it take to upload all those photos?? pale pale pale Rep from me as well!
Back to top Go down
NannyJen
Girl Power Member

PostSubject: Re: Spain, Costa Blanca, Benidorm, Levente Walk in the Sun 2013   Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:05 pm

Rep from me, too - great pics Delboy. clap

IF I ever visit Benidorm (which is doubtful), I think i would choose to stay near the Old Town or the other beach (Poniente?) - and definitely not AI!!!

Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY

PostSubject: Re: Spain, Costa Blanca, Benidorm, Levente Walk in the Sun 2013   Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:41 pm

Great photo's mate, which you let them speak for themselves at times, rep also. clap clap

Majorca Mad

PostSubject: Re: Spain, Costa Blanca, Benidorm, Levente Walk in the Sun 2013   Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:59 pm

Rep from me too del, i've pretty much got exactly the same pics as you as we obviously done the same walk.

PostSubject: Re: Spain, Costa Blanca, Benidorm, Levente Walk in the Sun 2013   Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:08 pm

Rep from me too delboy,
Cheers HH.
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert

PostSubject: Re: Spain, Costa Blanca, Benidorm, Levente Walk in the Sun 2013   Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:25 pm

Thanks HH, this was part of the MF team holiday which is under the Flaming Oasis Hotel review which was AI, so much of the story is in the hotel review itself under accommodation section
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spain, Costa Blanca, Benidorm, Levente Walk in the Sun 2013   

Back to top Go down

Spain, Costa Blanca, Benidorm, Levente Walk in the Sun 2013

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: WORLDWIDE TRAVEL REVIEW SECTION NEW FOR 2011. EST 18/05/11 :: ENTER HERE :: SPAIN, includes Balearics (not Majorca see seperate section). :: SPAIN RESORT REVIEWS-
Jump to:  
Forumotion.com | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum