Share | 

Samoa Hotel

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Daryn
Admin

PostSubject: Samoa Hotel   Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:34 pm

Hotle Samoa Calas de Mallorca- Cheap All Inclusive Resort
My husband & I booked the Hotel Samoa, due to the good reviews that it had, I did notice tht there was quite a few that made reference to being moved to the sister hotel due to 'plumming' fault, well, when we arrived we got to the reception desk, where a young couple were being taken care of, I gave my name, the guy then looked on the sheet in front of him, said something in Spanish to the English recetionist, I knew then that we were in for trouble, he said sorry but.. then before he could continue I said, I know plumming! he looked at me as if to say 'oh dear' it's all a con they overbooked,
we were on our way to the 'sister' hotel I did ask for a band so that we could use the Samoa's facilities, which we were given, taxi paid for by Samoa, then off to the Eurocalas.
We were greeted by a very nice young lady who said our room wouldn't be ready for another couple of hours, no probs, so stored case away, went on a look a bout, only to find lots of other couples having the same problem, all told the same story about the 'plumming'
To be very honest after getting into our room it looked quite nice, so we decided that in the morning we'd go and have alook round the Samoa, which we did, ,my god, it was like a holiday camp all under one roof, not very clean, and the children, well, left to their own devices by the looks and sounds of it, went for a coffee, very small bar (compared to the Eurocalas) after a good look round thought that we actually had the better deal.
Room :- very big, clean, bedding and towels changed every day.
Restuarant:- big, clean and so much variety so much choice all fresh and well cook, no complaints.
Bar:- very good service didn't have to queue long to get a drink at all, the staff very friendly and helpful.
Kids Club:- lots for the children to do and the animation team great.
to be very honest I'm pleased we were moved, made some good friends, had a great time, I wouldn't concider the Samoa again, we did go back to make sure that our first impressions weren't biased, but so many people complained about the time it took in the evenings to get a drink and the queues filtered back to the reception and they had an out break of tummy upset, say no more!!
I would not bother with the Samoa if you are thinking of going to Calas de Mallorca, the sister hotel is so much better, due to the monsoon at the end of our stay we haven't any pics worth posting but we qwould go back perhaps another part of the Island, any reccomendations!!
Sarah xx

Majorca Mad

PostSubject: Re: Samoa Hotel   Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:24 am

Any pics at all Sarah?

Samoa Hotel

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA ACCOMMODATION / MAJORCA RESORT REVIEW SECTIONS :: CALLAS DE MALLORCA :: CALLAS DE MALLORCA ACCOMMODATION-
Jump to:  
Create a forum | Nature and Escape | Tourism | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum