View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
NannyJen
Girl Power Member

PostSubject: Re: 2014??   Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:58 am

beeech wrote:
Oh great - I was looking at 6th Oct !

That's the date I've been looking for too, Beeech  -  as suggested by Daryn in his post of 21 Oct!!!   roll eyes 

I'm still not sure what to do  -   flights & hotels are much cheaper in October than September but, usually, the weather is a bit more reliable in September.  Decisions, decisions!!

I'd like to book soon so I'll keep checking this thread to see what others are doing/thinking of     -     or, maybe, changing their minds about.     wink 

I'm off to Torremolinos at the end of this month to (hopefully) catch a bit of early sunshine.   sunny    sunny    sunny

Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2014??   Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:58 am

Ive been looking at flights again today and they have shot up for the end of September.

Im not sure what we are going to do now, could this be the first October I haven't been to Majorca in years. It used to be soooooooooooo cheap and that's why we started going, its no longer a cheap weekend away now though its something you have to save for and plan.

Im not willing to pay a fortune to go back there anymore its getting ridiculous, Ill take a look for the 6th October but honestly cannot say what we will do. If everyone else just decides on a date and books up Ill see if we can get the prices down for what you all decide.

Its also looking like I might be coming out on my own this year as Debbies hours could be changing at work, she is looking to extend her days now our kate is in 6th form and showing signs of wanting to go away with her friends instead of us, eh Ill be there Kate don't you worry lol.

Debbie has an opportunity to do this and its the first time in years that this has come up and Im about 90% sure she is gonna take it.

So just let me know what you all decide folks and Ill see what I can do  wave 

Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2014??   Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:02 pm

My god Ive just checked for Benidorm and its even worse, I had to check I wasn't looking for July lol

Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2014??   Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:05 pm

Flights hotels and transfers is looking like over £500 for 3 nights plus food and drinks GULP that's an expensive weekend I remember going with Graham and Alison we used to pay between £100 and £200 per couple for 3 nights and that's why they stopped going when the prices shot up. Your thoughts folks let me know what dates you fancy and Ill see what I can find.

Mad Destination Expert

PostSubject: Re: 2014??   Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:10 pm

I was listening to radio 5 yesterday and there is a program you can download that has all the data available to it. Which is said to be the future of how people can find out facts on their Iphone. However, it went on to say this program has calculated that the best time to book a flight from past data is 59 days before your holiday. Book before and the flight is expensive book later and the flight goes up.

Now we know that flights tend to be cheaper when they first come out but few people get them, so not sure how this comes about but interesting so look at the flight price 59 days before you go and see if it bears out
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert

PostSubject: Re: 2014??   Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:14 pm

It may just refer to package holidays

yes on reflection that's what it must mean book your holiday
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2014??   Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:17 pm

Right just had another go, tried with travel republic but sure I could trim a bit more off but 3 nights cas sobboners instead of private transfers we went with the speedy coach transfers after Debbie chatting to Jen last year it sounds ok, one case between us, the flight prices were the same as DIY.

But still.......................

Now we normally get private transfers, imagine the extra on top of that price its ridiculous now.

Girl Power Member

PostSubject: Re: 2014??   Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:03 pm

Daryn, are you saying that IF you go, it will be that weekend & not the following week (as discussed earlier in this thread)?

I'm still dithering about what to do, too.  If I decide on Mallorca again, the end of September flights from Stansted are a pretty similar price to the beginning of October  -  but hotel nights are cheaper in October.  I usually fly mid week (cheaper) & stay for about 9 days  -  so only one weekend involved.

It may help me make up my mind if I knew on which weekend a meet-up MIGHT happen. I know it's too early for most to commit to anything definite but I would be disappointed if I missed it by one week!  Crying or Very sad 

Any thoughts?

Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2014??   Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:09 pm

Yeah I understand Jen, Ill leave it upto everyone else and see what they come back with as I dont expect everyone to do things around us lol. Ill fit in with you guys, what I can say is that due to Debbies work at the minute Sunday or Monday night is the only option for a nightout for us no matter what time of the month it is.

I was surprised that the flight prices are similar but I do remember last year the accommodation was alot cheaper in October so Im fine with that, just work it out folks whats best for you and Ill try and fit in.

So the question here is who is up for it this year and what time is best for you, this way we can all get the flights while they are the price they are now otherwise they will just go up and up, them easyjet ones have gone up already.

Lil 'ol wine drinker

PostSubject: Re: 2014??   Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:23 pm

I could book Mirlos for £100............ 6 - 8th oct.....

smile

Then again...............

I may be blacklisted !

Embarassed 
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2014??   Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:04 pm

Are you serious Beeech, if so lets ask others if they can make it for then too.

Lil 'ol wine drinker

PostSubject: Re: 2014??   Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:15 pm

yup !

smile 

Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2014??   Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:18 pm

Samos is not bad price with lastcheck for us ...........

Or the Sol y vera but we would have to book 4 nights as this is their minimum now but Debbie can only get the 3 nights off this time but its the same price anyway ...........

Lil 'ol wine drinker

PostSubject: Re: 2014??   Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:20 pm

that's a really good price.............

Do it !

Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2014??   Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:21 pm

Debbie will have to check back at work and we will have to see if everyone else can make it. That price you got was that A/I again and if so who was it with

Lil 'ol wine drinker

PostSubject: Re: 2014??   Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:29 pm

Sol Melia website Daryn

yes A/I - And can cancel

yours is showing as £257 A/I - but no cancel

Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2014??   Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:34 pm

Thats good I have some Melia points as well might give th site a go later today

Lil 'ol wine drinker

PostSubject: Re: 2014??   Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:10 pm

I just booked as it was a good price .

I can always cancel with no cost !

smile smile smile 

Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY

PostSubject: Re: 2014??   Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:26 pm

beeech wrote:
I just booked as it was a good price .

I can always cancel with no cost !

smile smile smile 

You don't want to cancel surely Beeech?  wink 

Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2014??   Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:40 pm

Will you be there then Mick

ALL ROUND GOOD GUY

PostSubject: Re: 2014??   Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:47 pm

Daryn wrote:
Will you be there then Mick

Hopefully mate, but will keep looking at the prices.

Majorca Mad

PostSubject: Re: 2014??   Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:19 pm

Well done Beeech clap like you say, you can always cancel when you book direct with sol Melia Thumsup

I'll start having a look around.  Suspect 
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad

PostSubject: Re: 2014??   Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:14 pm

Just been having a look around and doing some comparisons.
What enters my way of thinking is the awful weather from two years ago - well Oct 2012 if you know what I mean - so going in Oct, and paying a fair price, ought to have a bit more certainty of sunshine to it. Anyway...

A 5 nighter Sat 4th Oct - Thurs 9th Oct, flights about £78 each, rooms, well two caught my eye, Sol Lunamar apts (behind Cantos) £136 Self Cat, or Tropico Playa £269 All Inc
So about £290 to £430, no transfers. (total price for two).

A week in early or mid september, it's about £25 - 30pp more for the flights, but the hotel prices are much much more. About £500 at the Tropico (but that's a week not 5 days as in the Oct comparison).
So about £700 for 2 more nights but at a time when the weather has a better chance of being good. (only about £130 - 140 more -total - than going in Oct, pro rata)

Just as an aside, the Oct timings gave some good hotels in SP, The Plaza where Jen stays was £175 half board, and the Globales Pionero/Santa Ponsa park (4 star) all inc was £325. (£286 at the Playa SP Globales) So about £350 - £440 staying at SP (price for two, no transfers).

I remain undecided.  Shocked
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2014??   Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:56 pm

Well I still cannot get the prices down Sad

Here is the price without a case.

Girl Power Member

PostSubject: Re: 2014??   Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:19 am

I've booked flights  -  30 September - 9 October.    clap 

Got them for £110 each with Easyjet, including bags & selected seats  (Rae (sis) coming with me this year). That's pretty much the same price as last year so I'm pleased.

Will probably stay in the same hotel as last 2 years but wont be booking until I get back from Torremolinos  -  going on Tuesday (28th) for 9 days & can't wait!!   sunny

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2014??   

Back to top Go down

2014??

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA FORUM MEET UP DISCUSSIONS-
Jump to:  
Free phpbb forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum