HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Mount Benarty, Fife, Scotland.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY

PostSubject: Mount Benarty, Fife, Scotland.   Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:24 am

60 years ago, 2 intrepid Mountaineers called Edmund Hillary & Sherpa Tensing, set out on an epic journey to climb Mount Everest. Well on Saturday 26th of October 2013 in Ballingry, Fife, 2 more Mountaineers, known as Jim 'Sherpa' Hay & Mick 'Edmund' Cook, set off on an epic trip to climb Mount Benarty (Hill), that 'towers' above the village. eek  Some of the locals we spoke to, call this area of Scotland, "The Foothills of Killamanforagiro." surprised 
Here is the view from Base Camp Hill Road, Ballingry, with the Mountain Hill towering in the background..

On the way to the bottom of the Mountain Hill, we passed Dallas Doyle Park, home of the famous Benarty FC & Cowdenbeath Ladies FC.

I was well prepared for the climb ahead, socks over my jeans to keep them dry, clever & proper climbing boots shoes that are essential for the treacherous journey ahead, dodging the Cow Pats & Rabbit Warrens. fear 

Sherpa Hay leading the way past the Football Ground.

This was the view half way up the Mountain Hill, with Base Camp Hill Road in the distance, near to the blue containers.

After at least half an hour of intense climbing, we reached the top of Mount Benarty (Hill). The view was absolutely stunning, unfortunately the photo's, taken from my phone, possibly doesn't do the view justice.
Looking towards Loch Leven with Kinross in the background.

The Hills just to the right of the Loch.

Even the Gods were shining down on us.

The view towards Edinburgh & the Pentland Hills in the background, with the Gas Plant of Mossmorran blotting the view in the foreground.

The view looking towards Kirkcaldy, with the Westfield Gas Plant in the foreground. The two water filled areas, were at least 1000 feet deep, when Westfield was an open cast mine.

Another local Hill known as the Sleeping Giant between Ballingry & Loch Leven.

Sherpa Hay on the way down to Base Camp.

Edmund Cook posing with Ballingry in the background.

Another view of the rolling Hills of Fife.

Well we got to the bottom of the Mountain Hill, & I checked my clothes for any mud or cow pat stains, & there were none. cheers But as we went round the corner of the Football Ground, 2 young ladies were walking their dog, which preceded to jump up my jeans & leave muddy paw prints on them. smilie evil 
Seriously, it was well worth the climb & as I said the views at the top were stunning, as you could see for miles around.

Mad Destination Expert

PostSubject: Re: Mount Benarty, Fife, Scotland.   Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:38 am

very good Mick, rep from me clap 
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY

PostSubject: Re: Mount Benarty, Fife, Scotland.   Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:44 am

Cheers mate. cheers  I have been meaning to climb Mount Benarty (Hill), for about 8 years now. I have finally done it, dancing  San decided to go shopping to Kirkcaldy instead. roll eyes 

PostSubject: Re: Mount Benarty, Fife, Scotland.   Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:00 am

Next time you're in Mallorca I'll take you for a fitting at the Bestard factory in Lloseta, and show you some Mallorcan Hills

http://www.bestard.com/home.php?idioma=eng
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY

PostSubject: Re: Mount Benarty, Fife, Scotland.   Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:51 am

I am up for that Dad's. affraid surprised eek fear fainting 

lol! lol! lol! lol! 

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mount Benarty, Fife, Scotland.   Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:12 pm

Great post mate have a rep, ive not really explored Scotland but maybe next year. I have been to a few cities and towns but not the rural parts, they tell me some fantastic areas to visit

Girl Power Member

PostSubject: Re: Mount Benarty, Fife, Scotland.   Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:45 pm

Great blog, Mick.  clap 

Lovely views ................ & your commentary made me laugh.  Very Happy 

Rep for sharing.

Back to top Go down
4thforum

PostSubject: Re: Mount Benarty, Fife, Scotland.   Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:52 pm

Repped as well Mick clap  Btw, your shoes are bigger than my house!!
Back to top Go down
DadsBarmy

PostSubject: Re: Mount Benarty, Fife, Scotland.   Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:57 pm

Yes, he's got a good understanding
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert

PostSubject: Re: Mount Benarty, Fife, Scotland.   Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:37 pm

with those footprints, half of Scotland think they have a yetti in the mountains Shocked 
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY

PostSubject: Re: Mount Benarty, Fife, Scotland.   Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:58 am

Daryn wrote:
Great post mate have a rep, ive not really explored Scotland but maybe next year. I have been to a few cities and towns but not the rural parts, they tell me some fantastic areas to visit
Well worth a tour round Scotland Daryn. The countryside around Fife, where San is from, is stunning, with some lovely little places along the Firth of Forth coast such as Anstruther, Aberdour, Elie, & St, Andrews, to name a few.

PostSubject: Re: Mount Benarty, Fife, Scotland.   

Back to top Go down

Mount Benarty, Fife, Scotland.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: WORLDWIDE TRAVEL REVIEW SECTION NEW FOR 2011. EST 18/05/11 :: ENTER HERE :: UNITED KINGDOM :: UK RESORT REVIEW-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum