Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Canary Islands, Lanzarote, Playa Blanca, 2013

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
4thforum

PostSubject: Re: Canary Islands, Lanzarote, Playa Blanca, 2013   Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:37 pm

Love the photos of the rough seas. Repped again!  clap clap clap 
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert

PostSubject: Re: Canary Islands, Lanzarote, Playa Blanca, 2013   Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:30 am

Day 13, Friday

It's looking better Mrs Db, both ferries are running

It's a beach day for us and the green flag is flying lol

The rows of chairs are going out again

however, Dorada beach has taken a battering as well down one end

clearly there has been sand washed away at the tide end

the rest of the lower part of the beach was more undulating and had shells and fine shingle that was not there before but it will level out

but in general not too bad at all

but the sea is now calm again

lunch was at Barney's again for one of his quality burgers lol

The rest of the afternoon was spent on the beach, and when we returned in the evening, we were given the sunsets of all sunset lol

they just kept coming

This evening we were going back to Casale Franco's for another pizza

free starter

I perhaps should have had something different for the forum but sorry, this pizza is so nice I was going to have a second one lol

Mrs Db helps out though with the Boscalola, a chicken and parma ham dish which she said was delicious, which we were told by the lady was one of the most popular dishes ordered

and we ended with being given a nice lemon liqueur

Lovely evening

which ended with a free full 5 minute firework display from our balcony with top quality fireworks

but difficult to photograph as they are gone before the picture is taken lol

I enquired the next morning for the reason and was told that if a restaurant reaches a target in the week they give a firework display

End od Day 13
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert

PostSubject: Re: Canary Islands, Lanzarote, Playa Blanca, 2013   Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:43 am

Day 14, Saturday

This was an easy one, it was a nice day but a bit windy, we attempted to stay around the pool area and great lumps of cloud kept coming over making it chilly

so I popped across the marina to check where the cloud was coming from as one minute it looked as if we were due for a clear patch but the clouds merged together

lunch was a tuna bagette each in the apartment bar, nice it was lol

followed by a feast of goals in the Man City v Arsenal match lol

I then went to Waxs bar to see all the screens of football and chattted to an ex pat who had lived here for 14 years, do you enjoy it here, I asked, "Oh, yes, the weather is great, no winters here. The only thing he missed was a good debate on the England.

Soon it was evening , no more sunsets I'm afraid, will the moon do lol

for our last meal we decided to go to Cervantes where we both had the flambe steaks in Cervantes sauce which turned out delicous

as we walked back to our apartment, the lava was alight on top of the hotel volcan

End of day 14
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert

PostSubject: Re: Canary Islands, Lanzarote, Playa Blanca, 2013   Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:45 am

Just the last bit to come lol
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY

PostSubject: Re: Canary Islands, Lanzarote, Playa Blanca, 2013   Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:54 am

Are you sure you only went for 2 weeks, as you have crammed in so much? Thumsup Are you trying to take over from The Highlander in your reviews as well mate?  wink You certainly ate well the pair of you, the food looks fantastic.  Eat 

PostSubject: Re: Canary Islands, Lanzarote, Playa Blanca, 2013   Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:28 am

Sunset photos fantastic. Repped. Btw, those fireworks used to go off every evening at 9pm when we were there. Always wondered why.
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert

PostSubject: Re: Canary Islands, Lanzarote, Playa Blanca, 2013   Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:07 pm

Day 15, Sunday going home  pale 

Well I woke up at 7am,"listen very carefully I will do this only once" as I sped off to catch the sun

I was too early but someone had opened the pirate tower's door

and here it comes...HERE IT Comes lol

Anyway, back to the apartment, we were going to have breakfast out, which we ended up in Lani's as the only one open. Their bacon is different at breakfast time, which also included toast and marmalade

The Soloman Lew boat was leaving as well as us, who was on the boat I asked the waitress, "a famous artist", she replied. Well that could be Van Gogh or even Rod Stewart lol but didn't see any ears floating in the marina

Soon it was time for the airport and we were picked up on time

There were long queues at the check in desks, as three flights were using the same desks but I picked the right queue which went down quickest of all , soon we were on the plane

and that exit door was looking smaller, if needed, should Mrs Db go out first and pull me through, or should I be kicked out by Mrs Db if I get stuck

Captain wants to speak to you Delboy

"I hear you have extra leg room Delboy, would you like to sit with me", no but thanks captain I better sit Mrs Db, she hasn't seen much of me this holiday lol

We then reflected on another nice holiday despite the weather not as good as last year

Hope you enoyed our virtual holiday as much as we did lol

Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad

PostSubject: Re: Canary Islands, Lanzarote, Playa Blanca, 2013   Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:13 pm

You can see you've got a suntan though Del, from the shot on the plane home that shows your arm with the watch on.
Another rep from me, an enjoyable read.

Although I reckon there was a pic of a shop you missed in the Avenida de Canarias lol!

Mad Destination Expert

PostSubject: Re: Canary Islands, Lanzarote, Playa Blanca, 2013   Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:30 am

that's Mrs Db hand  rolling laughing or Daryn bad one  coy 
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Canary Islands, Lanzarote, Playa Blanca, 2013   Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:23 pm

welll thats it, I dont need to go now as ive seen it all lol. A great review/blog mate enjoyed it lots especially the photos of the boats and the sun shots.  clap 

PostSubject: Re: Canary Islands, Lanzarote, Playa Blanca, 2013   Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:26 pm

Smashing review there mate, repped the storm photos, absolutely brilliant shots.
Cheers HH.
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert

PostSubject: Re: Canary Islands, Lanzarote, Playa Blanca, 2013   Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:42 pm

Thanks HappyH, just got the hotel to do now
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Canary Islands, Lanzarote, Playa Blanca, 2013   

Back to top Go down

Canary Islands, Lanzarote, Playa Blanca, 2013

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: WORLDWIDE TRAVEL REVIEW SECTION NEW FOR 2011. EST 18/05/11 :: ENTER HERE :: CANARY ISLANDS :: RESORT REVIEW SECTION-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum