Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide travel forum

Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide travel forum

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Magaluf prostitutes sent to jail

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Daryn
Admin

PostSubject: Magaluf prostitutes sent to jail   Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:04 pm

Apparently 11 prostitutes operating from Maga have been arrested and sent to prison, about time too lets hope it keeps this scum away

PostSubject: Re: Magaluf prostitutes sent to jail   Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:49 pm

I read that, good news eh?

Someone also told me there are a couple in Santa Ponsa but they dont come out till after 2.00.

Bit of luck really as the family usually tucked by 12.30!!
Back to top Go down
DadsBarmy

PostSubject: Re: Magaluf prostitutes sent to jail   Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:45 pm

Do we know what they were prosecuted for, because prostitution is legal in Spain
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Magaluf prostitutes sent to jail   Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:15 pm

Yep its legal but apparently their is a bye law they have introduced in other parts of Mallorca to get rid of them, I cant think what it was called but maybe they have caught them thieving/mugging on camera. I can find out providing you dont try to get them off the hook

lolol 

PostSubject: Re: Magaluf prostitutes sent to jail   Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:12 am

Apparently for mugging, see from the bulletin:

I posted on our social media sites on Monday night that nine prostitutes/muggers who had been “operating” in Magalluf had been sent to jail. The response was enormous. Hundreds of people both here and in Britain welcomed the news. On facebook most of the comments were “about time” and “lets hope that more arrests take place.” I don´t think Ihave ever seen a Bulletin news story receive such a response which clearly underlines the fact that people feel very strongly about the prostitution problem in Magalluf. The nine women had been “caught red handed”, robbing tourists which allowed police to move in and make the arrests. The Calvia Council has said that scores of prostitutes have been arrested so far in Magalluf this summer. Now, it appears that some of Magalluf´s ills are being reactified. The mass media campaign which showed Magalluf in a poor light over the last month, appears to have helped push the local authorities into action. One of our reporters was in Magalluf last weekend and said there were scores of police officers on duty checking that the new legislation on pub-crawls was being enforced and also ensuring there were no other incidents. Magalluf has now almost become a political issue in Calvia with the various political parties criticising each other on what should be done. But at the moment it does appear that there is a cure for some of Magalluf´s ills which is great news indeed. Praise for the media? Never!!!
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad

PostSubject: Re: Magaluf prostitutes sent to jail   Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:05 pm

I'm so glad that Calvia Council has decided to clamp down on bar crawls, it had really put me off going to Majorca for my holidays.... roll eyes

Majorca Mad

PostSubject: Re: Magaluf prostitutes sent to jail   Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:08 pm

Other news is that the bar where the sex video was shot has been closed for a year and given a €55,000 fine!

Ouch.

I think the bar was called Pachas previously, had changed names this year, it's the one where on a previous meet up we did the 'locomotion' across the street and road outside, getting a bag of chips on the way lol!

Majorca Mad

PostSubject: Re: Magaluf prostitutes sent to jail   Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:42 pm

I'm also hearing that EastEnders has been closed - don't knowhow long for - for having too many people in there during a pub crawl!

Whatever next Rolling Eyes

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Magaluf prostitutes sent to jail   Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:08 am

Well I think 55k is well over the top, Eastenders well just close another bar favoured by the brits FFS

PostSubject: Re: Magaluf prostitutes sent to jail   

Back to top Go down

Magaluf prostitutes sent to jail

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide travel forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA / NEWS & DEBATES SECTION-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum