Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Canary Islands, Playa Del Ingles, Maspalomas

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Daryn
Admin

PostSubject: Canary Islands, Playa Del Ingles, Maspalomas    Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:55 pm

First night

Well we arrived unpacked I had a quick shower and we were away out on the town waheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

In the first bar at the Yumbo Centre and this didnt hit the sides lol

The place seemed really quiet, I was shocked. 

We knew what part of the resort we had landed in lol yes its a bloke

Anyway it was just a few drinks and away home.

Day2

The girls wanted to relax so I was away to take a look around, bye ladies.

This was the very end of the resort

The coastal are was smaller than I thought it was going to be, I walked from maspalomas to the very end of Playa Del Ingles in a couple of hours, by the way that was the end of my long distance walks for the first week as my knee had swollen right up I was well peed off

Maspalomas area, the dunes were amazing

More to come soon

PostSubject: Re: Canary Islands, Playa Del Ingles, Maspalomas    Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:19 pm

There is a nudist beach somewhere near those dunes I think. Repped Daryn
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY

PostSubject: Re: Canary Islands, Playa Del Ingles, Maspalomas    Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:34 pm

Repped, the photo's are fabulous mate, clap except the first one that is. nono

lol! lol! lol! lol!

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Canary Islands, Playa Del Ingles, Maspalomas    Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:06 pm

4thforum wrote:

Yes we came across it when we were all walking its right by the sea opposite the dunes. We were walking in the sea heading towards the dunes, I happened to turn round and their lying in the sand spread eagled two blokes, that was it turn around we are not going any further, the wife said it would be different if it was girls though, MMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm let me think, yes correct

ALL ROUND GOOD GUY

PostSubject: Re: Canary Islands, Playa Del Ingles, Maspalomas    Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:10 pm

Daryn wrote:
4thforum wrote:

Yes we came across it when we were all walking its right by the sea opposite the dunes. We were walking in the sea heading towards the dunes, I happened to turn round and their lying in the sand spread eagled two blokes, that was it turn around we are not going any further, the wife said it would be different if it was girls though, MMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm let me think, yes correct

Is that where you met your mate in the Top hat, string vest, bacofoil jacket & Mr. T medallion in your other thread Daryn. coy

rolling laughing rolling laughing rolling laughing rolling laughing rolling laughing

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Canary Islands, Playa Del Ingles, Maspalomas    Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:38 pm

lol! lol! Yes we met up the following day the same place lol

PostSubject: Re: Canary Islands, Playa Del Ingles, Maspalomas    Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:55 pm

lolol lolol lolol lolol have another rep Daryn. That was reet funnay!
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad

PostSubject: Re: Canary Islands, Playa Del Ingles, Maspalomas    Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:41 pm

Brings back good memories for me Very Happy

Shall I dig out some of my photos too? I can think of one that should be quite handy to get... lol!

PostSubject: Re: Canary Islands, Playa Del Ingles, Maspalomas    Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:53 pm

Shame the photos have gone now Shocked we're off on Monday for a week, S/C hotel 2 mins walk from the Yumbo centre. Possibly update this thread or mini review when we're back. Can't wait clap
HH.
Back to top Go down
beeech
Lil 'ol wine drinker

PostSubject: Re: Canary Islands, Playa Del Ingles, Maspalomas    Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:50 pm

Have a fab time HH Very Happy sunny sunny

Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY

PostSubject: Re: Canary Islands, Playa Del Ingles, Maspalomas    Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:55 pm

Enjoy yourself HH, look forward to the update mate. cheers

Majorca Mad

PostSubject: Re: Canary Islands, Playa Del Ingles, Maspalomas    Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:23 am

Hope you have a great time HH Thumsup sunbathe morebeer

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Canary Islands, Playa Del Ingles, Maspalomas    Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:07 pm

Yeah enjoy matey let us know how you get on.

PostSubject: Re: Canary Islands, Playa Del Ingles, Maspalomas    Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:49 pm

S/C for a week & never had a bad meal, can't complain about that. 2 particularly worth a mention in the Yumbo Centre, Superman Restaurant (naff name but smashing food) enjoyed it so much we went twice, inexpensive too. Had to book a table at Wapa Tapa, bit more expensive but well worth it, all the tapas we tried were fantastic.

Think we did much the same walk as Daryn, from PDI beach to Maspalomas Lighthouse, same 'sights' along the way Shocked

Didn't find the place too expensive, could get a decent pint (Tropical usually) for €2.50. Weather was really good too, 25° to 30° every day.

Had a car for the week so saw a wee bit of the island, nothing really stood out though, Puerto Mogan very picturesque but quiet, Christopher Columbus museum in Las Palmas pretty good for €4 each but parking a nightmare so reluctant to say it was worth the trip. Went a hike (thought it was gonna be a walk so we only had trainers on, really should have had walking boots on) to Barranco de Guayadeque. Pretty impressive Caldera & views on the way up/down but some parts of the terrain weren't the best (shale mainly) so reluctant to recommend that too. Drove to Caldera de Bandama, pretty impressive if stuff like that float's yer boat clap

A few photos: (no idea why the first 2 are upside down No  No maybe somebody can rotate them, if not you'll have to turn your monitor upside down  ner-ner  ) EDIT, fixed post below

Caldera de Bandama

Fuerteventura still my favourite in the Canaries clap
HH.

Last edited by HappyH on Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HappyH

PostSubject: Re: Canary Islands, Playa Del Ingles, Maspalomas    Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:57 pm

Fixed

Barranco de Guayadeque Caldera

Barranco de Guayadeque view from halfway

HH.
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY

PostSubject: Re: Canary Islands, Playa Del Ingles, Maspalomas    Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:58 pm

Nice & honest report there HH, reps from me mate. clap

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Canary Islands, Playa Del Ingles, Maspalomas    Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:33 pm

Nice scenery matey have a rep

Majorca Mad

PostSubject: Re: Canary Islands, Playa Del Ingles, Maspalomas    Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:26 am

Glad to hear you had a good time HH, reps from me for the pics too, thanks for posting.
Have to say that it seems we've all done similar things on our trips to Gran Canaria, however, I love the interior views of the Island as in your pics, I've concluded that GC is like a 1000 years on from Tenerife, as there hasn't been an eruption there for that long, and the fauna has recovered better.
Did you get to see Mount Teide as you approached Puerto Mogan? I nearly drove off the side of the cliff when it appeared in front of me! such is the spectacle. Wish I had a picture of it. Astonishing to see such a high mountain at that range of view.

PostSubject: Re: Canary Islands, Playa Del Ingles, Maspalomas    Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:54 pm

Cheers for the reps chaps, it's appreciated.
@Mark, I didn't mate & neither of my travelling companions did either No I was too busy marvelling at the civil engineering of the tunnels thru the hills Shocked
HH.
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad

PostSubject: Re: Canary Islands, Playa Del Ingles, Maspalomas    Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:55 pm

D'ya know, this intrigues me. I've searched over the years for a pic that is similar to the view I had as I came round that corner on the road to Pt Mogan, (of Mt Teide in front) figuring that the view was so spectacular it's just impossible for no-one else to have taken a picture of it.
But I've not found a single one. Shocked
Literally the whole sky in front was filled with the image of it, seemingly right up to the edge of space.
I now wonder if I caught one of those optical illusion moments, I've read before that if the atmosphere is set up a certain way then it can enlarge far away objects to appear nearer than they are, a bit like a mirage I suppose. scratch

I might have to go back.... lol! lol! lol!

Majorca Mad

PostSubject: Re: Canary Islands, Playa Del Ingles, Maspalomas    Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:18 pm

lolol lolol lolol What am I like, I've just spent almost 30 minutes driving along the road virtually on Google Earth trying to recreate the spot where I saw it lolol lolol lolol

Can't find it roll eyes thumbs down rolling laughing

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Canary Islands, Playa Del Ingles, Maspalomas    Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:53 am

lol! lol!

PostSubject: Re: Canary Islands, Playa Del Ingles, Maspalomas    

Back to top Go down

Canary Islands, Playa Del Ingles, Maspalomas

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: WORLDWIDE TRAVEL REVIEW SECTION NEW FOR 2011. EST 18/05/11 :: ENTER HERE :: CANARY ISLANDS :: RESORT REVIEW SECTION-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Create a forum on Forumotion