HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Is All Inclusive to be banned

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Daryn
Admin

PostSubject: Is All Inclusive to be banned   Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:05 pm

Ive been reading lately that Calvia council are considering limiting or banning altogether A/I to try and curb drunkenness.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/magaluf-proposes-ban-on-all-inclusive-holidays-that-include-alcohol-in-bid-to-tackle-antisocial-behaviour/ar-AAz0sNV?li=BBoPRmx

I also read the numbers are down this year.

I think both things are good....

1) It would be nice to see local bars full up the way they used to be thus creating a better atmosphere, banning A/I could achieve this

2) Resort could do with a shock, dropped numbers in tourism could show Calvia are wrong eg doubling eco tax this year, hotel prices rising. If its shown that people have a better choice, more competitive choices then it might make them rethink. Also if they ban A/I and bar owners take advantage by upping the bar prices it might make them think twice before doing it.

I saw this many years ago, it was as if all the owners got together and said this is what we are going to charge, friends that used to always holiday with us stopped going to the resort after that, it was very pricey and the resort literally died the following year and took around 3 years to recover (get the numbers back up).

Having said that I would hate for the local business people to suffer and close shop, no one wants to see empty units.

Majorca Mad

PostSubject: Re: Is All Inclusive to be banned   Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:12 pm

I've been following the discussion on this and the proposals so far are not exactly banning all inclusive, clearly it has a place for families, but it's the all day drinking element that Calvia Council don't like. So the suggestion at the moment is to end all inclusive alcohol at 10 pm.

roll eyes roll eyes roll eyes roll eyes roll eyes

Fat lot of good that will do when you can get 1 litre cartons of wine from the supermarkets at just ONE EURO! roll eyes

2) Calvia Council simply won't entertain the notion that the tourist tax is the cause of dropped numbers. The ONLY reason for less tourists, in their book, is the drunken behaviour of the Magaluf crowd. Not even the muggings figure in their reasoning.
The remedy suggested so far is to ban the 2 - 4 - 1 drinks offers.

See the earlier reply roll eyes roll eyes roll eyes

3) Of course it would be better if all bars were to be drunk idiot free with a nice atmosphere and no risk of a fight kicking off at any moment in time.
But you could say that for most major towns and cities in the UK as well (all year round).
The only real solution to that is to put the drink prices up to a level that makes the drunk idiots go elsewhere, and also to close the bars earlier, perhaps 1 am.
But then people would just simply go elsewhere.
It's a hard one to get the balance right, that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert

PostSubject: Re: Is All Inclusive to be banned   Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:14 pm

well yes drunken behaviour that always happened never kept the crowd in Magaluf down in the past.
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY

PostSubject: Re: Is All Inclusive to be banned   Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:03 pm

When we went to Corfu they were charging 50 cents eco tax per room, however many were staying in the room it didn't matter. The bars charging 20 Euros for 2 hours drinking or whatever in Magaluf need to be watched, but very difficult to enforce a ban IMO. Each to their own on A/I, but it obviously has hit the smaller bars in their tills I would have thought. As Mark has said, this drunken behaviour happens all over Britain mainly at weekends granted but all year round. It is easy to blame drunkenness for the trouble, but now the Magaluf residents/ businesses have had enough & are fighting back it seems. But there also seems to be a problem in Santa Ponds late at night as reported by Ro & others.

Mad Destination Expert

PostSubject: Re: Is All Inclusive to be banned   Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:30 pm

we had a charge of 1.50 euros per room per day but not too bad but like all these things they start off in small amounts and keep increasing it each year.

You can bet if we all keep going it will be 5 euros a night in four years time
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad

PostSubject: Re: Is All Inclusive to be banned   Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:49 pm

Well I'm informed that for our 3 night stay in October in Saboners we will be charged €3.30 (including tax) EACH, per night, tourist tax.
So, €19.80.
Can't see us going to Majorca in 2019 at this rate. Rolling Eyes Mad
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad

PostSubject: Re: Is All Inclusive to be banned   Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:52 pm

It'll be interesting to see what the star rating is on your new Melia Plaza hotel Daryn.

Get Debbie to take a pic of your face please if you find out it's 4 star and therefore €4.40 each per night, = €35.20 payable on arrival
ker-ching!! please lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Is All Inclusive to be banned   Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:07 pm

Its four star, already checked before I booked it lol, same as last years hotel but double the tax price GRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Anyone for Benidorm meet u next year lol

PostSubject: Re: Is All Inclusive to be banned   

Back to top Go down

Is All Inclusive to be banned

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA / NEWS & DEBATES SECTION-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com