Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide travel forum

Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide travel forum

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

My Caravan at Selsey, nr Chichester, West Sussex

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mark
Majorca Mad

PostSubject: My Caravan at Selsey, nr Chichester, West Sussex   Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:01 pm

I have a caravan which any of you guys (or trustworthy friends Very Happy ) can hire if you fancy it. (PM me for details dates please)

I've put some pics on Yosefs Sun Holidays thread but have re-sited the jist of it here. You can view all of the pics here:

http://s674.photobucket.com/albums/vv103/mark2spark/Caravan/

The caravan is located on the Bunn Leisure site in Selsey, nr Chichester, W Sussex.

Local attractions include Fishbourne Roman Palace, Arundel castle, Goodwood racecourse.

http://www.bunnleisure.co.uk/

The site has been voted no. 1 in the UK for the last 2 or 3 years years, top entertainment, about 8 different bars, indoor pools, fun fairs, kids clubs la de da has everything really. (Even a putting course for Sandra to hone her skills lol Very Happy )

It's a 2 bed sleep 6.

Last edited by Mark on Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My Caravan at Selsey, nr Chichester, West Sussex   Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:38 pm

Looks really nice mate will we all fit in hehehe

ALL ROUND DESTINATION EXPERT

PostSubject: Re: My Caravan at Selsey, nr Chichester, West Sussex   Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:51 pm

Can the fridge take 6 slabs of Bow Wink

PostSubject: Re: My Caravan at Selsey, nr Chichester, West Sussex   Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:00 pm

I think 5 might be the limit mate Very Happy

DE/Prophet of Doom

PostSubject: Re: My Caravan at Selsey, nr Chichester, West Sussex   Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:50 pm

Can we have a rundown on the shower/toilet situation?Is there an en-suite to the No 1 bedroom?How many toilets in the van?Is it mains electricity and water/waste plugged in? Is it calor gas for the cooker? Is there underfloor heating?What is the caravan length in feet?What is the comfortable number,not the max, the van can accommodate?Forget the local attractions,is there a walkable beach nearby and does Selsey have some decent restos/coffee houses? (I think I know the answer re restos from those fotos you posted of gigantic meals months ago).But we can't face large portions,just tasty norms.This is not a frivolous enquiry.How do we join the club to get access to the entertainment spread while staying in the van? For us cost is not important,quality and cleanliness is.
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad

PostSubject: Re: My Caravan at Selsey, nr Chichester, West Sussex   Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:39 am

WirralScouse wrote:
Can we have a rundown on the shower/toilet situation?Is there an en-suite to the No 1 bedroom?How many toilets in the van?Is it mains electricity and water/waste plugged in? Is it calor gas for the cooker? Is there underfloor heating?What is the caravan length in feet?What is the comfortable number,not the max, the van can accommodate?Forget the local attractions,is there a walkable beach nearby and does Selsey have some decent restos/coffee houses? (I think I know the answer re restos from those fotos you posted of gigantic meals months ago).But we can't face large portions,just tasty norms.This is not a frivolous enquiry.How do we join the club to get access to the entertainment spread while staying in the van? For us cost is not important,quality and cleanliness is.

There is a bathroom that has a toilet, hand basin, and a shower. No bath, no en suite. (therefore one toilet in the van)
Mains electric (not coin meter) and mains water/sewage all connected.
Calor gas, - yes. Two bottles are connected, use one at a time, instant swop over. Gas replacement on site within an hour, place a slip at one of the numerous points on site (like a mail box, just write van number and pitch number basic info, they do the rest, no spanners on anything like that involved by end user)
No underfloor heating. Gas fire in lounge, also a portable electric panel heater. (It's chilly (at night) in Spring / Autumn but warm - hot even - in the summer, no need for any heating)
32 x 12 feet van length.
Comfortable is in the eye of the user. max is 8 if 4 share the lounge. One might consider that making a bed up in the lounge (the dining table area folds to make a double-ish size bed) is uncomfortable? Therefore a traditional family of 4 with 2 bedrooms available might be seen as max for comfort.
Beach is on site but stony. Views to Portsmouth and the Isle of Wight. Selsey is a seaside resort and the sea is all around. You can walk along the sea wall past the lifeboat launch to the other side of the peninsula and view towards Bognor. Grab a cup of tea and a freshly caught seafood spread at one of the booths. A fairly long walk to the next resort finds a sandy beach (Bracklesham Bay). We cycled it in 10 - 15 mins, came back the countryside way which took about an hour. Fields all around with Corn and lettuce/cabbage growing, country market type shops abound. Quaint churches to stumble upon.
Selsey High Street is awash with restos and bars including Tapas and Thatch Cottage type retreats, as well as regular supermarkets, fish and chip shops, pubs, etc etc
The restaurant that we use with the huge portions, we've worked out the secret, it's to just order one meal and two plates... you'll still leave some Very Happy
Club passes are included with the hire of the van, just collect them/have them stamped from on site reception.
Check the link for the entertainment, it's first class. (you would probably like the Viking Bar best Wirral)

I'd like to point out that a peaceful break can be achieved easily enough if you go midweek when the kids are at school. Weekends are busier, school holidays are very busy. Even so, there are two on site bars that are adult only.

Mad Destination Expert

PostSubject: Re: My Caravan at Selsey, nr Chichester, West Sussex   Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:37 pm

Wirral cooks for his fellows on the forum and they later invite Don and his mates for a barbeque

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/351971/top_gear_caravan_fire/
Back to top Go down
beeech
Lil 'ol wine drinker

PostSubject: Re: My Caravan at Selsey, nr Chichester, West Sussex   Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:43 pm

Brilliant delboy ! smile
Back to top Go down
debdon
OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER

PostSubject: Re: My Caravan at Selsey, nr Chichester, West Sussex   Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:16 pm

Excellent delboy, I think Don could do with a real fire, they only play with pretend ones in training lol!

You best be careful who you rent it out to Mark.......have you got it well insured lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.debssweetdelights.co.uk
Mark
Majorca Mad

PostSubject: Re: My Caravan at Selsey, nr Chichester, West Sussex   Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:40 pm

lolol you lot are definitely the Crazy Gang lolol

Last edited by Mark on Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
debdon
OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER

PostSubject: Re: My Caravan at Selsey, nr Chichester, West Sussex   Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:44 pm

Surely you haven't only JUST realised that Mark....... lol! Afraid to say ' you're one of us ' hitting himself
Back to top Go down
http://www.debssweetdelights.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Caravan at Selsey, nr Chichester, West Sussex   

Back to top Go down

My Caravan at Selsey, nr Chichester, West Sussex

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide travel forum :: MISCELLANEOUS :: HOLIDAY OFFERS / TRAVEL AGENTS / HOLIDAY COMPANIES-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum