HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Do you want me to ring Canto's POLL.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
WirralScouse
DE/Prophet of Doom

PostSubject: Re: Do you want me to ring Canto's POLL.   Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:14 pm

Must say I like Amstel which is also the house lager at Sol Mirlos/Tordos in Palma Nova even on AI.The Canto prices are much cheaper than at eg Piano Bar, in 'luf.Funny thing it is not that easy to find draught San Miguel in Majorca which is my first choice, but lots of Mahou and Estrella.In Marbella last week it was widely available probably because it is made nearby in Malaga.
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad

PostSubject: Re: Do you want me to ring Canto's POLL.   Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:22 pm

Don't they have Carling on draught in Canto's Mick? I thought I saw it on the board prices that you put up in your reviews 1 - 5 lol
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY

PostSubject: Re: Do you want me to ring Canto's POLL.   Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:13 pm

Sorry mate, that photo of the board prices was for the Orion Bar. Embarassed Embarassed

Majorca Mad

PostSubject: Re: Do you want me to ring Canto's POLL.   Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:34 pm

Well BOOOOOO to Canto's then, i'd rather drink p**s than Heineken and Amstel is only passable. Corona is fine but €3.40 a bottle??? Jeez.... 5 bottles for 10 dollars in Mexico wah

Don't they have ANY imported lager on draught?
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY

PostSubject: Re: Do you want me to ring Canto's POLL.   Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:37 pm

Amstel, Heineken & Strongbow mate. wink

Majorca Mad

PostSubject: Re: Do you want me to ring Canto's POLL.   Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:37 pm

Have to say that the pints of Carling in the Orion bar were spot on, frothy and cold. Also only €2.60 a pint.

Hmmm scratch

Bow €3.20 a pint also.

I vote Orion Bar then.

MF joke teller

PostSubject: Re: Do you want me to ring Canto's POLL.   Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:42 am

as much as i love my bo i'm finding that after a day or two i'm getting heartburn,this june holiday found me drinking bottled lager quite a bit.
this oct we are stating at the sol mirlos,as is ws,and he highly reccomends the local lager.although on the a/i option we only pay e1.50 for bottled english brands,another option is to upgrade for e8 pp per day and get all english brands/bottles free.
so i should think i will be drinking lager at this years beano,or i'll just take a suitcase full of rennies/gaviscon morebeer

as mark says e2.60 for a good pint of carling might be what the doctor ordered
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Do you want me to ring Canto's POLL.   Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:06 am

You know I drink Fosters all the time but when Im over there I prefer the local stuff, reason for this are 1) its cheaper 2) If you find a bar that serves your brit brand then great but if you go to another bar that doesnt and you have something else then the taste goes horrible, I like to stick to one brand all night.

ALL ROUND DESTINATION EXPERT

PostSubject: Re: Do you want me to ring Canto's POLL.   Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:22 am

I always tend to drink the local brew when on holiday and always find it to be very acceptable, although some draught beer can be a bit suspect depending on how well they are looked after and served.

PostSubject: Re: Do you want me to ring Canto's POLL.   Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:38 am

We went to a bar on the wooden walk way (mosquito bar etc) and I think it was a scotish bar we went too and they served carling and it was really nice, but after that the beer for the rest of the night just wasnt nice and left a horrible taste in my mouth. I find the local stuff really nice, we found an indian restaurant on the coast in Magaluf not far from round the corner of Piano bar and they sell local stuff for €1.50 and its a lovely drink. Ohh wish I was there now.

ALL ROUND GOOD GUY

PostSubject: Re: Do you want me to ring Canto's POLL.   Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:18 am

It does make you want to be there when we are talking about it. deckchair beer drinker dancing irishman

OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER

PostSubject: Re: Do you want me to ring Canto's POLL.   Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:26 pm

I have to ask Mick.....................did you ever get a phone call back after you left a message regarding our meet? scratch

OR, have you put it on here & I missed the reply - sorry if thats the case :&o*:
Back to top Go down
http://www.debssweetdelights.co.uk
Mark
Majorca Mad

PostSubject: Re: Do you want me to ring Canto's POLL.   Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:32 pm

I'm sure Mick will answer Debs, but the short answer is no, nothing, nada lol Very Happy

We decided to leave the venue as is though, freebies wern't as important as the location and the facilities.
Back to top Go down
debdon
OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER

PostSubject: Re: Do you want me to ring Canto's POLL.   Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:36 pm

What a poor show tho Mark, he could at least have had the decency to either ring back or reply to email. Hmmm I am out there beginning of september, we may just pop in there wink

It could only have done his bar good if he had replied....oh well.

Thanks Mark. :tup:
Back to top Go down
http://www.debssweetdelights.co.uk
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY

PostSubject: Re: Do you want me to ring Canto's POLL.   Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:08 pm

Yes Debs Mark is right, I have heard diddly squat. :f^h: But TBH, the service we got in May was great :-bd: So if you can pop in to "have a word," in September, then that would be great. cheers

Lil 'ol wine drinker

PostSubject: Re: Do you want me to ring Canto's POLL.   Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:10 pm

sort 'em out debs.......... smile

Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad

PostSubject: Re: Do you want me to ring Canto's POLL.   Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:54 am

Yeah, show 'em how much voddie you can drink in a single session.... morebeer lolol lolol lolol
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY

PostSubject: Re: Do you want me to ring Canto's POLL.   Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:41 am

That sounds like a challenge? lol!

MF joke teller

PostSubject: Re: Do you want me to ring Canto's POLL.   Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:33 am

the sensible moneys on deb's

http://youtu.be/86PJpCCbPMw
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY

PostSubject: Re: Do you want me to ring Canto's POLL.   Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:23 am

I have a tenner on her already Yozef. clever

Lil 'ol wine drinker

PostSubject: Re: Do you want me to ring Canto's POLL.   Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:47 pm

Don't do it debs - just for the sake of amusing these lot and winning their bets... No

do it because you want to................................... Very Happy ...and enjoy..............!

Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY

PostSubject: Re: Do you want me to ring Canto's POLL.   Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:58 pm

I am sure Debs will want to Beeech. wink

PostSubject: Re: Do you want me to ring Canto's POLL.   

Back to top Go down

Do you want me to ring Canto's POLL.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA FORUM MEET UP DISCUSSIONS-
Jump to:  
Make a forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum