HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Airport Hotels, Gatwick, Premier Inn

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
theboss
Girl Power Member

PostSubject: Airport Hotels, Gatwick, Premier Inn   Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:26 pm

As we live in Ireland and were flying out from Gatwick to Greece on our holiday, an overnight stay at a hotel near Gatwick was required. In previous years, we had stayed at the Courtyard Marriott hotel, but, when I tried to book it about 2 wks prior to departure, they had no vacancies! So, we booked the Premier Inn near Gatwick instead. As our flight from Ireland was delayed,for several hours, so we didn’t arrive at our hotel until 12 midnight and everyone just wanted to go straight to bed immediately - hence the 'extras' in some of the pics!

We had a family room, as I was travelling with daughter (18) and Sons (13 + 6). Our room was ok, but no fridge, with a king size bed and 2 single, pull out types, one on each side of the bed. Actually, my 13 yr old is almost6 ft tall, so he could have done with a bigger bed!

The slightly dangerous thing was, that there were wall mounted cubes (aka lockers), on either side of the bed, to put your books, alarm clock, phone etc on, but the person occupying the pull out beds stood a very good chance of acquiring a head injury if they sat up in bed, or even turned at night . . . so, I reversed the pillows to the ‘bottom’ of the bed and all slept well . . . . . .

Until about 08.00 . . . . the walls between the rooms were very thin and the sound of the pump for the shower next door was unavoidable - you wouldn't sleep through it. Added to this was the fact that the person next door, apparently did not want a shower . . . my eldest son said that when he woke up, he thought there was a cow in the room!!! But we all had a good, early morning laugh!

The bathroom had no frills - quite small, so it was difficult to take any pics

With 3 minutes to spare, we legged it to the ‘breakfast area’ (I think breakfast finished at 09.30) and it was appalling – even if the staff were very friendly and helpful. Everything was overdone and I must remember never to do ‘breakfast’ there again. It sounds like a good deal, £7.95 per adult and the kids go free . . . but it was all inedible for almost £16.00, apart from the mini cereal packets, of which the guys had one each.

So it was off to Frankie and Benny's after check in (another 3 hour delay) where, from our window seat, we say the Iron Maiden plane take off on a world tour

Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert

PostSubject: Re: Airport Hotels, Gatwick, Premier Inn   Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:47 pm

Good honest review there Boss, another Gatwick hotel nailed cheers
Back to top Go down
roamer
Girl Power Member

PostSubject: Re: Airport Hotels, Gatwick, Premier Inn   Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:26 pm

I think we stayed at the courtyard Marriot before Mexico as the flight was early. The prices made RM's eyes water. We paid the same for a Toby carvery on route as they charged for a cheese sandwhich. Nice comfy Hotel otherwise. Thanks for the info TB
Back to top Go down
http://fiona-king.co.uk
delboy
Mad Destination Expert

PostSubject: Re: Airport Hotels, Gatwick, Premier Inn   Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:30 pm

Yes we nearly stayed at the Courtyard Marriot it was less than £100 with 2 weeks parking included but all rooms had gone before we decided to book
Back to top Go down
roamer
Girl Power Member

PostSubject: Re: Airport Hotels, Gatwick, Premier Inn   Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:38 pm

I think the hotel itself was reasonable just the food and drink. It did seem busy.
Back to top Go down
http://fiona-king.co.uk
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY

PostSubject: Re: Airport Hotels, Gatwick, Premier Inn   Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:02 pm

A good honest review & great photo's Boss, shame about the breakfasts though. eek

Did you run to the hills when you saw the plane Boss? wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geHLdg_VNww

Girl Power Member

PostSubject: Re: Airport Hotels, Gatwick, Premier Inn   Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:10 pm

shame about the breakfasts though

Should have just flushed the £16 down the loo directly and cut out the middle man . . . Shocked
Back to top Go down
debdon
OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER

PostSubject: Re: Airport Hotels, Gatwick, Premier Inn   Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:12 pm

Oh dear.......did they affect you that bad No
Back to top Go down
http://www.debssweetdelights.co.uk
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY

PostSubject: Re: Airport Hotels, Gatwick, Premier Inn   Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:12 pm

theboss wrote:
shame about the breakfasts though

Should have just flushed the £16 down the loo directly and cut out the middle man . . . Shocked

They did that Boss & served it up to you & yours. affraid

Girl Power Member

PostSubject: Re: Airport Hotels, Gatwick, Premier Inn   Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:24 pm

lol! @ Debs and Mick

The funny thing was, a few nights ago, there was an ad on telly for the Premier Inn and smallie guy (6) said to me,

Look Mum, that's the place we had the disgusting breakfast . . . . . Bless!
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY

PostSubject: Re: Airport Hotels, Gatwick, Premier Inn   Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:25 pm

He obviously won't want to stop there again then Boss. affraid

Girl Power Member

PostSubject: Re: Airport Hotels, Gatwick, Premier Inn   Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:31 pm

No! I think I can speak for all of us . . .

But he did like the rabbits in the garden! Very weird, but we arrived about midnight and when we looked out of our window, there were rabbits everywhere . . . and all my kids love rabbits . . . .

And NO MICK - Don't go there .... this is a family website . . .
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY

PostSubject: Re: Airport Hotels, Gatwick, Premier Inn   Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:34 pm

You obviously have a very low opinion of me Boss. sob Have you been speaking to the other Girl Power Members again? affraid

OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER

PostSubject: Re: Airport Hotels, Gatwick, Premier Inn   Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:36 pm

Boss knows what you're like & she hasn't even met you :n!b:
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY

PostSubject: Re: Airport Hotels, Gatwick, Premier Inn   Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:38 pm

I think that you, Roamer & Gail have been saying things to her about me. eek

Girl Power Member

PostSubject: Re: Airport Hotels, Gatwick, Premier Inn   Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:41 pm

Female intuition . . . eh H? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
debdon
OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER

PostSubject: Re: Airport Hotels, Gatwick, Premier Inn   Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:51 pm

Would we :n!b:
Back to top Go down
theboss
Girl Power Member

PostSubject: Re: Airport Hotels, Gatwick, Premier Inn   Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:55 pm

Hopefully . . . . . yes! cheers

How else are we (who stayed behind to man the proverbial fort) gonna find out what REALLY happened . . .

And last year, poor Debs had to bear the brunt of lots of packing jokes . . .

What goes around comes around . . . eh Debs ,. . . cheers
Back to top Go down
debdon
OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER

PostSubject: Re: Airport Hotels, Gatwick, Premier Inn   Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:58 pm

Absolutely boss, glad to have you on my side bravo

Def Micks turn :%!(:
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY

PostSubject: Re: Airport Hotels, Gatwick, Premier Inn   Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:59 pm

theboss wrote:
Hopefully . . . . . yes! cheers

How else are we (who stayed behind to man the proverbial fort) gonna find out what REALLY happened . . .

And last year, poor Debs had to bear the brunt of lots of packing jokes . . .

What goes around comes around . . . eh Debs ,. . . cheers

And turned it into a Barbie house, with all that pink. affraid

Girl Power Member

PostSubject: Re: Airport Hotels, Gatwick, Premier Inn   Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:00 am

Bet your 'Michelle' side really loved it though . . . . Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
debdon
OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER

PostSubject: Re: Airport Hotels, Gatwick, Premier Inn   Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:00 am

Would you have preferred ginger rolling laughing rolling laughing
Back to top Go down
theboss
Girl Power Member

PostSubject: Re: Airport Hotels, Gatwick, Premier Inn   Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:09 am

Oh No Debs . . . .affraid

Just when he thought he was safe . . .
Back to top Go down
debdon
OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER

PostSubject: Re: Airport Hotels, Gatwick, Premier Inn   Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:13 am

Ohhhh no, this will run for a long time lol! :-bd:
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY

PostSubject: Re: Airport Hotels, Gatwick, Premier Inn   Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:20 am

debdon wrote:
Ohhhh no, this will run for a long time lol! :-bd:

Oh great. sob

PostSubject: Re: Airport Hotels, Gatwick, Premier Inn   

Back to top Go down

Airport Hotels, Gatwick, Premier Inn

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: WORLDWIDE TRAVEL REVIEW SECTION NEW FOR 2011. EST 18/05/11 :: ENTER HERE :: UNITED KINGDOM :: HOTEL/ACCOM REVIEW SECTION-
Jump to:  
Create free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum