HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Herefordshire, Holme Lacey, Warner's

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
delboy
Mad Destination Expert

PostSubject: Herefordshire, Holme Lacey, Warner's   Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:28 pm

In Feb 2006 Mrs DB and I had a short break and took the MIL for a holiday. This was a break at Warner’s Leisure Holme Lacey Herefordshire.

We stayed in a very Grand historic grade 1 listed Mansion

The place was in 20 acres of grade 2 list grounds

One could spend all day walking around

The grounds had a carp lake but nobody was fishing

One of the days there was ice on the water

The MIL was partly disabled after an operation but we had previously booked the holiday and managed to get a low floor room. However we had to take a wheelchair to get her about. Although difficult, we did manage a couple of trips out, one I believe was Ledbury the other Leominster

We gave the MIL a good shake up down the cobbled street

Before having a pub meal.

In the evening we dined in one of Mansion's three restaurants

I am sorry for the quality of the pictures in the interior but you can see the place is quite grand

Dinner was usually a carvey type meal with selection of roasts

Just part of the staircase leading up to the rooms

Entertainment was provide during the 4 night break and the highlight was the tribute act Bjorn Again that we have seen a number of times. The MIL was really pleased as the group got into our lift and had a chat with us

Last edited by delboy on Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
beeech
Lil 'ol wine drinker

PostSubject: Re: Herefordshire, Holme Lacey, Warner's   Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:39 pm

DB

The photo's of the town .....

looks very much like Ledbury ? I went a few weeks ago !

Back to top Go down
Bella
Girl Power Member

PostSubject: Re: Herefordshire, Holme Lacey, Warner's   Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:40 pm

Nice review DB.....I have been looking at Warner's Holidays recently.....they have a new TV ad at the moment that enticed me to investigate.

Looks lovely.....very Grand. Leominster looks nice....was it very far from the hotel?
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert

PostSubject: Re: Herefordshire, Holme Lacey, Warner's   Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:42 pm

yes beeech could be right we went to Ledbury as well.

Yes thanks Beeech I changed it now to Ledbury, no pictures of Leominster
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert

PostSubject: Re: Herefordshire, Holme Lacey, Warner's   Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:49 pm

I did a review as well on Warners Bodelwyddan on here Bella
Back to top Go down
Hayzer
ALL ROUND DESTINATION EXPERT

PostSubject: Re: Herefordshire, Holme Lacey, Warner's   Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:42 pm

cheers Great stuff del, I really must make time to see a bit more of our own country.

PostSubject: Re: Herefordshire, Holme Lacey, Warner's   Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:57 pm

Me too. Furthest north i've been is either Blackpool or Doncaster or Sheffield, not sure what one is furthest up
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY

PostSubject: Re: Herefordshire, Holme Lacey, Warner's   Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:09 pm

San went to Hell & back when she visited her friends in the States. wink And before you add anything DD, :f^h: Hell is in Michigan USA, not living with me. :n!b:

lolol lolol lolol lolol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell,_Michigan

DE/Prophet of Doom

PostSubject: Re: Herefordshire, Holme Lacey, Warner's   Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:45 pm

We went to Holme Lacy too Del in May that year.Decided it had nothing that Bodelwyddan didn't have so the long journey will not be repeated.Don't know what you and MIL think but Warners holidays would be nothing without the nightly live entertainment.That's why I am very interested in the club on Mark's caravan site.If anything the programme Mark published has better acts than Bodelwyddan.If not better then more appealing to us.

Wonder if there are super-duper top end caravans for hire on that site?
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY

PostSubject: Re: Herefordshire, Holme Lacey, Warner's   Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:47 pm

WirralScouse wrote:
We went to Holme Lacy too Del in May that year.Decided it had nothing that Bodelwyddan didn't have so the long journey will not be repeated.Don't know what you and MIL think but Warners holidays would be nothing without the nightly live entertainment.That's why I am very interested in the club on Mark's caravan site.If anything the programme Mark published has better acts than Bodelwyddan.If not better then more appealing to us.

Wonder if there are super-duper top end caravans for hire on that site?

Yes, when the pikey's have been evicted WS. wink

lol! lol! lol! lol!

ALL ROUND DESTINATION EXPERT

PostSubject: Re: Herefordshire, Holme Lacey, Warner's   Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:06 pm

Del thats probably what your MIL's vision was like as you pushed the poor old woman over all those cobbled streets

PostSubject: Re: Herefordshire, Holme Lacey, Warner's   Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:03 am

I just really struggled and squinted then to see that properly before reading comment under it ! Evil or Very Mad

It got me worried !

Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY

PostSubject: Re: Herefordshire, Holme Lacey, Warner's   Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:13 am

It is almost like looking at a 3d photo without the glasses. Cool

Mad Destination Expert

PostSubject: Re: Herefordshire, Holme Lacey, Warner's   Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:22 am

lol! lol! lol! lol!

I't could be the new ad for spec savers

Warner's give good accommodation and in nice surroundings but the general entertainment put on by their staff is poor but if you select a good week when the act for one night is say Bjorn Again its not too bad. the three night weekend would probably give better entertainment but we perfer the extra night mid week break as it is longer. Drinks are too expensive at the bar in my opinion but all in all a nice break in comfort. PS always pick up the offers and not pay full price
Back to top Go down
DadsBarmy

PostSubject: Re: Herefordshire, Holme Lacey, Warner's   Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:08 pm

That photo is better if you wear 3D glasses
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert

PostSubject: Re: Herefordshire, Holme Lacey, Warner's   Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:12 pm

lol i know

my last camera was so poor in low light but it gives you an idea of what it's like after you have had a few, sort of Daryn on a night out rolling laughing 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Herefordshire, Holme Lacey, Warner's   

Back to top Go down

Herefordshire, Holme Lacey, Warner's

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: WORLDWIDE TRAVEL REVIEW SECTION NEW FOR 2011. EST 18/05/11 :: ENTER HERE :: UNITED KINGDOM :: UK RESORT REVIEW-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum