Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide travel forum

Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide travel forum

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Palma Nova

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Daryn
Admin

PostSubject: Palma Nova   Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:58 pm

Well as everyone knows Ive just got back from Magaland and Palma Nova and here is my report for Palma Nova.

Picture taken with mobile phone

Lets start with Palma Nova-

As usual as soon as I walked into Palma Nova I felt so relaxed, the sun was beating down and the views over the beaches are amazing ,with big expensive yachts bobbing up and down in the bay, how can anyone afford one of them hehehe.

So the first port of call was a nice stroll along the wooden walkway towards the Hotel Hawaii which is located just under Ruby Tuesdays, sit down chill take in the view and have a nice cold beer.I think the bar we chose was called the Scotsman and they serve a really nice Carling in an ice glass

Views from the Scotsman Bar

My daughter made friends with this little dog and she couldnt resist taking a photo lol, lets see if anyone else can get a photo of this dog which is always chilling around the Scotsmans Bar

The view over the beaches are breath taking and they are kept to a very high standard.

I love Palma Nova ,for me it is just a great place to chill out have a stroll and stop off when you feel like it and have a drink in the many bars and restaurants dotted along its coast line, my wife likes looking around the little shops and my daughter loves buying the little nick nacks like bracelets and cheap jewellery etc.

Last edited by Daryn on Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://majorcaforum.forumsmotion.com
delboy
Mad Destination Expert

PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova   Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:36 pm

Oh excellent Daryn this gives everyone a real feel of the place. I bet you enjoyed doing the photos too, it gives you a new dimension to the holiday.
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad

PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova   Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:14 pm

Ooooh... that blue sky lol Daryn I officially hate you Smile

Tenerife, that's where... lol!
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY

PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova   Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:02 pm

God I looked at the photo's, then shut my eyes it was just like being there. cheers Fantastic review with fabulous photo's. sunny

Mad Destination Expert

PostSubject: palma nova 2   Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:25 pm

Palma Nova

Palma Nova has three beaches which start at the headland of Torrenova, the first beach is called Son Matias Playa.

At the base of the headland we had lunch at the Blue Bar which apart from the food gives good views across the bay

The beach is a golden sand beach which has chair beds and parasols which cost 10.80 euro’s a day (3.60 euro’s for each component).

In October these parasols act more like large sundials and to keep in the shade one moves around
vast areas of the beach .

There are also open areas for those that do not require the parasols and beds.

Although there 18 hotels on the headland the Hotel Hawaii’s position dominants and overlooks the bay from the headland.

Further along the beach the Sol Matias beach and the Santa Lucia hotels can be seen in the photo below

Walking on down to the Santa Lucia its pool area and grounds are built on a small peninsula that divides the beaches

The road goes around from the Santa Lucia and you get these concrete footballs to fall over. These balls are all over the Magaluf strip and I am sure the local doctors are happy.

At this point the main road becomes closer to the beach which becomes the Palma Nova Playa

The second beach has a very small peninsula with a McDonalds on it before opening up again to a third beach which is still called PalmaNova Playa and finally ends at a small marina

Finally we found a small alley way beyond the marina to go down and take a photo Ponent Mar end

In the evening that were remaining not at the meets we had a quiet drink at Canto bar

Or went to Ruby Tuesday’s to see Rod Stewart tribute act

Mick shaking hands with the performer

This isn’t Hayzer in disguise is it?

Or Freddie Mercury performing on another occasion

The beaches were quite populated on the sunny days but acceptable to us in October I would think crowded in July/Aug time

Finally from our 6th floor room we could see the area was surrounded by mountains

And what better way to end this review with a sunset

Last edited by delboy on Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:53 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad

PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova   Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:40 pm

Nice one Del.

That is of course me shaking hands with 'Rod Stewart' and not Mick geek

Tenerife, that's where... lol!
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova   Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:09 am

That was fantastic DB ,the bit where the blue bar is ,well thats my favourite place ,we sit at any bar on the wooden walkway and just look out over the bay its fantastic especially at night, your pics have taken me back to the place I love many thanks DB

tracey b

PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova   Wed May 25, 2011 7:00 pm

Great photos,we have always loved the acts at Ruby Tuesdays and on occasions have won the bingo
We also love sitting in the bars on the "boardwalk" at night,you cant beat it
Back to top Go down

Palma Nova

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide travel forum ::  ::  ::  :: -
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forums