HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Cala Bona, Tony's/Vell Mari restaurant

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mark
Majorca Mad

PostSubject: Cala Bona, Tony's/Vell Mari restaurant   Sun May 20, 2012 4:01 pm

We ate in Tony’s / Vell Mari. There was 4 of us.

I’m not 100% on the name of the restaurant, as from the outside, there is two names on the signage.

We sat on the left side (looking at the above picture), and the view was excellent.

We had 4 different meals. I had the Roast lamb (like a shank):

There was a scampi dish:

A peppered steak:

And a whole Sea Bream:

All the meals were served perfectly.
We had drinks each, plus a litre of sangria;

Some puddings:

And rounded the meal off with Irish Coffee’s:

It was simply a fabulous meal, thoroughly recommended, and the total was just €92.65. (approx £76.00).

At the end of the meal we was given a complimentary drink on the house, We had Baileys and Brandies, which were top shelf.

We left €100 in recognition of good food and good service.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cala Bona, Tony's/Vell Mari restaurant   Sun May 20, 2012 4:37 pm

hahaha but on a more serious note it does look nice.

Mad Destination Expert

PostSubject: Re: Cala Bona, Tony's/Vell Mari restaurant   Sun May 20, 2012 6:22 pm

They look good Mark cheers

Last edited by delboy on Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY

PostSubject: Re: Cala Bona, Tony's/Vell Mari restaurant   Thu May 24, 2012 10:46 pm

Looked really good mate, & the prices were quite reasonable to. clap clap

PostSubject: bar/restaurant review   Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:01 pm

The Vell Mari is our favourite restaurant in cala bona. Chritine, the manageress is great, and all the staff are friendly. We've never had a bad meal and when it was OH's birthday he was given a complimentary large Magno brandy which rounded the meal off wonderfully. It may not be cheap, and we don't eat there every night but the quality of the food and the general ambience makes it worthwhile. clap
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad

PostSubject: Re: Cala Bona, Tony's/Vell Mari restaurant   Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:19 pm

Thanks for that MG, you've just reminded me that I have Christines email address and I was meant to notify her of this review Embarassed

PostSubject: vell mari   Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:35 pm

this photo was taken by christine on a previous visit. We now have a tea towel displayed on the ceiling. fame at last!!!
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth S

PostSubject: Fab place   Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:34 pm

I go to mallorca every year, and always go to this restuarant, have been going since i was 3. Have several things up in the bar that i have made them over the years lol.

Christina is fab, once went on my bday and she had scattered happy birthday confetti all over the table for me Smile

Am going to mallorca on Tuesday yay
Back to top Go down
beeech
Lil 'ol wine drinker

PostSubject: Re: Cala Bona, Tony's/Vell Mari restaurant   Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:39 pm

Jealous !

Have a fab time !

smile

Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cala Bona, Tony's/Vell Mari restaurant   Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:38 am

Yeah I wish I was going as well enjoy wave

ALL ROUND GOOD GUY

PostSubject: Re: Cala Bona, Tony's/Vell Mari restaurant   Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:38 am

Can we all come with you Elizabeth? wink Have a great time. sunbathe sunny deckchair

PostSubject: Re: Cala Bona, Tony's/Vell Mari restaurant   Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:15 pm

Soz no room in suitcases for all my new holiday clothes lol, must go to bed soon got to get up at 3am ugh thats the only problem lol
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth S

PostSubject: Re: Cala Bona, Tony's/Vell Mari restaurant   Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:07 pm

Sad news everybody, vell mari resturant is no longer there, it closed at end of last year, now theres a thai restuarant there. Found Christine though she's now found work at Juans Steak House in Sa Coma, went a few times, really good, will put review under the relevant section. Sadly barman Charlie hasn't found another job yet.
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad

PostSubject: Re: Cala Bona, Tony's/Vell Mari restaurant   Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:14 am

Well that's a real shame as we probably had our best meal in CB at Vell Mari Sad

PostSubject: vell mari restaurant cala bona   Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:35 pm

Elizabeth S posted on 28/06/2013 that this restaurant had closed. I passed this news on to a regular cala bona visitor and he asked if I had got it right!! He reckons it was still open when he was there early june last year.Did I read the post wrong? If it did close, and I'm sure it did, does anyone know why? Shocked 
many thanks
bee
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad

PostSubject: Re: Cala Bona, Tony's/Vell Mari restaurant   Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:57 am

I haven't been back to CB since then to verify or deny Elizabeths statement bee...but forum member Debdon is going there in a couple of weeks time so maybe we'll get an update then.

OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER

PostSubject: Re: Cala Bona, Tony's/Vell Mari restaurant   Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:19 pm

Been to Janet & johns tonight for a meal.

Vell Mari definitely gone, J & J have expanded due to buying part of it & a new Thai restaurant has opened called Lemongrass.

Only about 3 Restos open in the square at the moment.
Back to top Go down
http://www.debssweetdelights.co.uk
Mark
Majorca Mad

PostSubject: Re: Cala Bona, Tony's/Vell Mari restaurant   Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:44 am

Rep for Debs.
Is the Rope & Anchor open?

PostSubject: vell marie   Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:36 am

Thanks Debs. How sad, we used to enjoy the food and company in the restaurant. Not a Thai food fan.
Back to top Go down
debdon
OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER

PostSubject: Re: Cala Bona, Tony's/Vell Mari restaurant   Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:24 am

Yes, we saw the rope & anchor last night. 1 of the places that was open.

Very quiet everywhere at the moment. Bar nautic was also open.
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad

PostSubject: Re: Cala Bona, Tony's/Vell Mari restaurant   Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:42 pm

Next door to Big Brother Ribs, - Yates Bar - sounds like it would be a good night out for you and Don from what I've read.

OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER

PostSubject: Re: Cala Bona, Tony's/Vell Mari restaurant   Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:59 pm

Funnily enough we walked past Yates bar today, don't remember seeing ribs place though  scratch 

Sanddancers also open in evenings only, like a few others.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cala Bona, Tony's/Vell Mari restaurant   

Back to top Go down

Cala Bona, Tony's/Vell Mari restaurant

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA ACCOMMODATION / MAJORCA RESORT REVIEW SECTIONS :: CALA BONA :: CALA BONA BARS/RESTAURANTS-
Jump to:  
Forum create on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum