Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide travel forum

Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide travel forum

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Balearic Islands, Ibiza, A Day in Ibiza Town

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
NannyJen
Girl Power Member

PostSubject: Balearic Islands, Ibiza, A Day in Ibiza Town   Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:26 pm

Day trip to Ibiza Town, May, 2012.

Sis (Rae) and I went from San Antonio to Ibiza Town (on the East coast) for the day on the local bus - it cost about E3 each return & took about 35 minutes each way (15 km).

Neither of us had visited in more than 20 years but found little had changed really. It’s still a stylish, cosmopolitan, vibrant place – yet relaxed & charming at the same time & with a fair sprinkling of ageing ex-pat hippies about!!

Due to time constraints & Rae’s mobility problems, we limited our rambling to some great (but a bit pricey!) shopping streets - where I treated myself to a couple of things; the busy port/harbour area - where we had a lovely lunch while people & boat-watching; and the little maze of “old town” streets behind - full of bars, restaurants & little shops of all kinds. We also came across a lovely little square with an outdoor market selling all kinds of local, organic, fresh & bottled produce - so my present-shopping was sorted!

We didn’t make it up to Dalt Vila this time. It’s the ancient, walled “Upper Town” - no vehicular access, cobbled streets, restaurants, craft shops, art galleries, museums & the cathedral on the top with stunning views. It’s a steep trek up there & Rae would never have made it - but we’ve both been before and, if I return on my own some time, I may venture up again!

We got back to our hotel in San Antonio about 7.00 pm - quite a long, tiring day for us (we were shattered!!). Well worth it though.

Various pics of where we walked, including some of the old town walls & Dalt Vila taken from lower-town level.

Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY

PostSubject: Re: Balearic Islands, Ibiza, A Day in Ibiza Town   Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:53 pm

Once again absolutely fabulous photo's Jen, & you say that you don't take a great photo. lol! They bring back some good memories of Ibiza Town, & well worth a visit, for anybody that wants to go there. Ibiza Town reminds me of a smaller version of both Palma & Malaga. Another rep from me. clap clap

Mad Destination Expert

PostSubject: Re: Balearic Islands, Ibiza, A Day in Ibiza Town   Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:37 pm

great review Jen rep from me cheers
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Balearic Islands, Ibiza, A Day in Ibiza Town   Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:08 pm

Great review loved the photos brought back memories of our day there, well done and have another rep clap

Lil 'ol wine drinker

PostSubject: Re: Balearic Islands, Ibiza, A Day in Ibiza Town   Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:14 pm

and a well deserved one from me too ! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad

PostSubject: Re: Balearic Islands, Ibiza, A Day in Ibiza Town   Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:17 pm

It's such a different place during the day compared to night time. Great pics Jen, rep. Thumsup

MF joke teller

PostSubject: Re: Balearic Islands, Ibiza, A Day in Ibiza Town   Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:05 pm

great stuff nannyjen,lovely photo's.

another rep,taff Wink
Back to top Go down
theboss
Girl Power Member

PostSubject: Re: Balearic Islands, Ibiza, A Day in Ibiza Town   Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:23 pm

Lovely pics Jen Very Happy

Thanks for sharing ..

Another rep to add to your collection!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Balearic Islands, Ibiza, A Day in Ibiza Town   

Back to top Go down

Balearic Islands, Ibiza, A Day in Ibiza Town

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide travel forum :: WORLDWIDE TRAVEL REVIEW SECTION NEW FOR 2011. EST 18/05/11 :: ENTER HERE :: SPAIN, includes Balearics (not Majorca see seperate section). :: SPAIN RESORT REVIEWS-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum