Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Question ( 1b)..........How can I add pictures and photos to my post

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Daryn
Admin

PostSubject: Question ( 1b)..........How can I add pictures and photos to my post   Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:02 pm

THIS TIP COMES FROM OUR GOOD FRIEND HAYZER AND IS A REALLY GOOD EXPLANATION---------------------------

If you want to put a picture in a post click on the "Host An Image" Button a window will open, click on the browse button, another window opens which allows you to search on your computer for the picture you want to post, once you have found the one you want click open, then click host in the original window. It may take a short while to load the picture but once it has loaded three lines of text appear choose the middle line and click the copy tab your computer may ask you if you want to allow website to have access to your clipboard so click yes. Now go back to your post and right click and paste this should put the link to your picture into your post click the preview button and hay presto your picture should appear in your post.

Majorca Mad

PostSubject: Re: Question ( 1b)..........How can I add pictures and photos to my post   Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:54 pm

Alternatively, once you have the three boxes to choose from, there's enough room to 'drag and drop' the middle box over onto your reply.

MF joke teller

PostSubject: Re: Question ( 1b)..........How can I add pictures and photos to my post   Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:18 pm

[quote="Mark"]Alternatively, once you have the three boxes to choose from, there's enough room to 'drag and drop' the middle box over onto your reply.[/quot
slowly getting there guys,any tips on uploading multiple pics,managed to do 2 by editing my post then adding another pic.rather a slow way and you can only edit once,i have about 150 from our nov break so any help much appreciated
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad

PostSubject: Re: Question ( 1b)..........How can I add pictures and photos to my post   Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:29 pm

There isn't a bulk upload as yet Yosef AFAIA.

What I do is to use one of the many free photo hosting websites (I use Photobucket), and then 'compose' the review in Word first, referring to photobucket for the link for the pic I want to use at the appropriate time. Once finished it's a quick copy/paste of the whole thing.

I use photobucket because a) you can bulk upload, saving time 2) You can share worldwide with family friends forums and only upload once 3) Should your home PC go down, any pics in any review you have done here or elsewhere will be lost once there's no link to your existing hard drive any longer. Whereas with photobucket hosting the images somewhere out in cyberspace they will be there for all eternity supposedly.

MF joke teller

PostSubject: Re: Question ( 1b)..........How can I add pictures and photos to my post   Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:57 pm

cheers mark,phew sounds complicated to me as i'm useless with a pc but i will have a crack at it on the weekend if i get time.
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad

PostSubject: Re: Question ( 1b)..........How can I add pictures and photos to my post   Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:02 am

As with many 'new' things Yosef, the first time is the worst Very Happy

ALL ROUND GOOD GUY

PostSubject: Re: Question ( 1b)..........How can I add pictures and photos to my post   Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:17 am

lol! @ Mark. wink

Majorca Mad

PostSubject: Re: Question ( 1b)..........How can I add pictures and photos to my post   Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:11 pm

Jan still hates reaching into the freezer for anything................................ in Tesco's Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Question ( 1b)..........How can I add pictures and photos to my post   

Back to top Go down

Question ( 1b)..........How can I add pictures and photos to my post

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MISCELLANEOUS :: TRAVEL TIPS , KEEPING SAFE ON HOLIDAY / HINTS AND TIPS ON HOW TO USE THE FORUM-
Jump to:  
Free forum hosting | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum